Dianna Westbrook is also a licensed therapist with the #1 online counseling platform offered today. Betterhelp.com online counseling offers individual and couples therapy via video, phone, email, and text messaging services. See her profile at:
It is my personal belief that all therapists cannot treat all issues. Less is more. It’s better for a therapist to be great in a few areas than “okay” in all areas. My expertise is relationships, couples and family dynamics. This includes the various web of components that often comes with relationships, couples and family work.
- Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology
- Southern Illinois University
- Masters degree in Clinical Psychology
- McKendree University
- Masters degree in Professional Counseling
- Northcentral University
Experience for 15+ years working in a variety of settings including:
- Addiction Therapist both in private practice and for Dept of Corrections
- Detoxification unit coordinator
- Individual & Family Therapist for inpatient adult facility
- Individual & Family Therapist for inpatient adolescent facility
- Chief Clinical Officer for inpatient mental health/addiction facility
- Couples, Family and Individual Therapist in private practice
License & Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Tennessee
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist
- Infidelity Recovery Specialist
- Certified Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Trainer
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist
I grew up in a small town in Southern Illinois and relocated to Knoxville in 2012. I immediately fell in love with the mountains, outdoor life and East Tennessee living. Outside of the office, I enjoy a relaxed life with my husband and daughter. My hobbies include reading, baking, hiking, pickleball, massages, traveling, and occasionally a good Netflix binge.
I work with couples in all stages of relationships from pre-marital to healing from crisis to uncoupling counseling. It is my goal to encourage, support, teach and empower couples toward whole-hearted living and conscious relationships. Both therapeutically and personally, I am committed to never stop learning and growing.
I received my Bachelor’s degree from Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville, Illinois. I have two Masters of Art’s degrees in General Psychology and Professional Counseling. I am also a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois and a Licensed Professional Counselor, Mental Health Service Provider in the State of Tennessee. I am also a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist, Infidelity Recovery Specialist and a Certified Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Trainer since 2016.
I have 14 years’ experience in the field of counseling and mental health. My experience ranges from corrections, adolescent residential treatment, detox units, couples and family therapy, group work, and administration. I am currently the Chief Clinical Officer for a residential mental health facility and have operated my private practice on the side for 4 years.
I consider my therapeutic approach to be direct and interactive. I am passionate about therapy and draw on my education, experience, compassion, and continued curiosity of others to provide a safe and healing environment for my couples.
It is my personal belief that all therapists cannot treat all issues. Less is more. It’s better for a therapist to be great in a few areas than “okay” in all areas. It is so important you find the therapist that is the right fit for you, creates emotional safety for you to share and feel heard as well as leaves you feeling hopeful with direction and support for better days ahead. I hope to be that right fit for you and would love the opportunity to walk with you through your healing journey.